Context for Launching a New Business and its Website:
Nancy Zane contact me about building a new business website in preparation for launching her business in 2018. We discussed the business needs and purpose of the website in our first consultation meet. I identified key functions needed on the website aligned with the business’s needs. Next, I proposed design solutions that would allow the website to engage her target audience for action and involvement with her new business.
As a result of launching the North Star Adventures website, Nancy’s business has a digital presence and mobile responsive platform that:
- allows her customers to learn about her programs
- sign up and register for the events and
- pay for programs and events online with an easy to use payment system.
These efficient systems free up Nancy’s time to focus on leading and growing her business.
Who & When:
Nancy has created her new business North Star Adventures based on her years of experience teaching outdoor skills and leading expeditions and retreats in nature. She contacted me in November 2017 to ask me to build a website for her business that is:
- designed with quality content to highlight the business, it’s mission, and values
- provides a calendar of events and programs
- allows visitors to sign up, register and pay for North Star Adventures programs online.
The website was developed, designed and launched by the end of December. In addition, we will continue to work together to monitor how the website and registration system is performing and to further enhance the marketing possibilities for her business.
What & How:
- Setup web hosting account for the website domain optimized for WordPress.
- Designed, developed and launched a WordPress website
- Provide an opportunity to transform inquiries and prospects into customers with:
- dedicated page with details of events/opportunities and
- mobile responsive design with user friendly interface (UX/UI) and layout
- registration form and online payment system for complete cycle of business transaction.
- Utilize a WordPress content management system (CMS) that allows Nancy to easily manage content, blog posts, new events and ongoing registration on the site with reduced administration costs.
The new business website built with WordPress provides a professional display of North Star Adventures business with engaging, quality content about the business’s mission and values. We have utilized digital marketing tools to enhance the business’s online presence. Lastly, and most importantly, viewers and clients have easy and clear steps to register and pay online, as well as quickly get in touch with Nancy for questions and next steps with North Star Adventures.